How we cook, what we cook with and why we cook like this
We remember the year 2007: that was when we opened our doors and a great deal has certainly happened since then. We have reinvented ourselves many times – new design concepts, furniture and most recently our terrace. But what you don’t see right away, but can taste all the more, are the many details that happen in our kitchen. Our chef in the kitchen, Markus Friederici, has been enriching our crew with his passionate cooking since summer 2015. With him, we also picked up on the theme of sustainable food culture – with the vision of conscious, quality, regional indulgence. Using excellent products that we are convinced by ourselves. In this blog post, we present a few examples of these:
Getting up and eating something good
- Whether it’s at breakfast or in cakes: we use organic eggs from Stiftung Mensch in Meldorf, a social enterprise for people with and without disabilities. Together with educational specialists, 12 employees run their own organic farm here. In addition to Galloway cattle, geese and ducks, chickens also feel right at home here on 75 hectares of pastureland.
- We use organic milk and organic yoghurt.
- The muesli you will find at the breakfast buffet in the morning is also organic.
- We get our bread rolls unbaked from the organic baker in Joldelund and always bake them fresh for you ourselves.
- Our jams, dips, cream cheeses, meat or egg salads are all homemade. Naturally without additives or preservatives.
- The fruit purees you can use to spice up your yoghurt at the breakfast buffet are also all homemade and without added sugar.
- Our cold cuts come from the Burmeister country butchery in Viöl, our cheese from Backensholzer Hofkäserei. Everything here is from beautiful North Frisia.
- We only use spelt flour in our cakes and tarts. Yes, spelt is not a fashion trend, but really has a lot to offer: not only does it contain more and higher quality protein than wheat flour, but also more vitamins and minerals. Spelt also impresses with a high dietary fibre and unsaturated fatty acids content.